Pots are a fantastic and practical decoration for all homes. Lindy Evans from Windemere Interiors says there are endless possibilities for pots around the home, either as decoration or practical use. "Pots give a wonderful extra dimension to a space. A pot with a lush, flowering plant or pungent herbs creates fresh life and colour, while an urn or large decorative oriental pot creates texture and interest."
Here are some of Lindy's favourite ideas for pots in the home.
- Use a collection of large pots in different heights and sizes to dress up a bare corner.
- Fresh herbs in pots or flower boxes in the kitchen are practical and look and smell divine.
- Instead of a table runner, place a series of small pots along the centre of the table.
- Use pots as gold fish bowls for a interesting addition to an East Meets West theme.
- A pot with decorative sticks or a dramatic flower arrangement can be a feature in a wall niche with a spotlight.
- Pots can dress up cold and sterile space such as bathrooms and laundries.
- Large pots can make dramatic landscapes for the outdoors. Use with plants or as a water feature.